April 9, 2022
Rebuilding Ukraine: From Devastation by War to Developing an Exemplary Nation With Remaking the World – Toward an Age of Global Enlightenment
Discussion Leaders: Governor Michael Dukakis and Nguyen Anh Tuan
Advisor: Jason Furman, Chairman of the Council of Economic Advisers to President Obama, Harvard professor
Contributors: Professors Alex Sandy Pentland, Thomas Patterson, Nazli Choucri, David Silbersweig, Francesco Lapenta, former Vice President of the World Bank Mats Karlsson, former Prime Minister of Bosnia and Herzegovina Zlatko Lagumdzija, former President of Latvia Vaira Vike-Freiberga, father of Internet Vint Cerf, Assistant Secretary of Massachusetts Government Nam Pham, EY Global Tax Innovation Leader Jeff Saviano
The Ukrainian people are currently enduring an unprovoked war that has resulted in tens of thousands of combatant and civilian deaths. Many cities and towns have been utterly destroyed by indiscriminate Russian bombing. The free, Democratic nations of the world have rallied around Ukraine to provide military and humanitarian assistance.
The focus of the Boston Global Forum is to help coordinate and call on world leaders, distinguished thinkers, innovators, governments, companies, organizations is on helping to end the war and provide for the basic needs of the Ukrainian people who remain in the country and those who have fled the fighting. When the war ends, there is an opportunity for Ukraine and its allies to rebuild the nation as a model of peace, stability and prosperity. The Boston Global Forum is starting to build strategies and programs for Rebuilding Ukraine.
Strategies for Rebuilding Ukraine
Following hostilities, as Ukraine turns its attention to rebuilding the nation and society, it is imperative to apply standards, norms and common values outlined in the Social Contract for the AI Age and pioneering ideas and concepts contained in the book “Remaking the World – Toward an Age of Global Enlightenment,” with contributions by distinguished leaders and thinkers.
The book “Remaking the World” advances pioneering ideas that could help reshape the world as the United Nations progresses toward its centennial in 2045, and addresses the standards that should govern the development and use of AI and digital technology.
These ideas and standards have been the subject of several recent conferences, including the World Leadership Alliance-Club de Madrid Policy Labs on September 16-18, 2020 and September 7-9, 2021, as well as the Riga Conferences in 2020 and 2021.
Building a smart democracy, smart cities with high-quality smart schools, where citizens are directly involved in the political decisions of the country. A nation where institutions and structures promote kind, humane, civilized, creative, innovative policies and practices. Where the rule of law protects equality of opportunities for all people, openness, transparency, and engagement with civic institutions. And, the system of taxation is transparent, equitable, and provides sufficient certainty to citizen taxpayers to aid in Ukraine’s recovery.
To apply these concepts to rebuild Ukraine, strategies discussed at the recent conferences include:
Rebuilding cities and infrastructure
Building AI World Society (AIWS) City for Ukraine:
- Apply model concepts of AIWS City to rebuild Ukrainian cities as smart cities.
- AIWS City is a smart digital city with distinguished communities.
- Connect historical, traditional cities as Boston, New York, Washington DC, San Francisco, LA, Chicago, Berlin, Munich, Frankfurt, Stockholm, Rome, Athens, Vienna, Paris, London, Madrid, Barcelona, Copenhagen, Edinburg, Amsterdam, Brussels, Prague, Dubrovnik, Zurich, Geneva, Jerusalem, Tokyo etc. to the AIWS City for Ukraine.
- Build a digital platform and components of AIWS City for Ukraine: Digital Home, Art and Cultural Institutions, Smart Digital and AI University, Innovation Ecosystem, Smart Healthcare Centers, Markets.
- Solutions to reconstruct infrastructures of Ukrainian cities:
- Combine rebuilding cities to optimal and maximize resources, costs.
- BGF connects and calls cities, governments, companies, foundations to support Ukrainian government and cities to reconstruct cities and transportation system of Ukraine.
Projects and Programs for Rebuilding Ukraine:
Phase 1: Civic and Social Engagement
- Michael Dukakis Leadership Fellows for Ukraine
Michael Dukakis Institute for Leadership and Innovation
Develop and support young Ukrainian leaders
- AIWS Leadership for Ukraine
Michael Dukakis Institute for Leadership and Innovation
Educate leaders to lead and rebuild Ukraine
- AIWS University for Ukraine: support Ukrainian students and universities
- Build “Online Center of Knowledge for Innovation” to support Ukraine, build online resources to help connect and guide Ukrainian refugees so that they can quickly rebuild their lives
- Applying AIWS Rewards to recognize contributions of students and scholars to Ukrainian students and universities
Led by Harvard Professor Thomas Patterson, Professor Francesco Lapenta, Former Japanese State Minister Yasuhide Nakayama, Bui Thanh Nhon, Coordinators
- Creating and building global brand names for Ukraine
Advise and help promote PR high quality products and services of Ukraine become global brand names.
Professor John Quelch and Nguyen Anh Tuan, Coordinators
- Building a Digital and AI Platform for Ukrainian cities (AIWS City for Ukraine)
- Every citizen has one digital home, bring gem cities of the world to Ukraine
- Bringing solutions to reconstruct infrastructure of Ukrainian cities
- BGF connects and calls cities, governments, companies, foundations to support
- Ukrainian government and cities to reconstruct cities and transportation system of Ukraine
Led by Governor Michael Dukakis, Prime Minister Zlatko Lagumdzija and BGF CEO Nguyen Anh Tuan, Coordinators
Phase 2: AIWS Government for Ukraine
- Build a “smart” government aided by AI and Digital technologies, guided by concepts of AIWS Government
- Develop the next generation digital public infrastructure, modeled after Estonia and other leading digital government nations
- AIWS Citizen and Information Ecosystem for Ukraine
- Ukraine Community Innovation Ecosystem, including new distributed systems for greater national resilience
- AIWS Financial System, with a reimagined set of tax policies that encourage future growth and prosperity for Ukraine
Led by Jason Furman, Mats Karlsson, Alex Sandy Pentland, Jeff Saviano
Resources for Support of Ukraine
- AIWS Network of distinguished leaders, thinkers, innovators (AIWS.net), AIWS.city and call on companies, universities, foundations, for support
- Connect and invite top universities from across the globe
- Coordinate private companies: Google, Microsoft, Amazon, IBM, Apple, EY.
- Encourage Ukrainian students, professors in the US to join to rebuild Ukraine.
- Cooperate with Harvard Shorenstein Center, Niemann Foundation, Berkman Center and MIT Media Lab
- Connect governments to help and support Ukraine to build AIWS Government and AIWS Citizen system.
Send this Report to G7 Summit and call Governments to support Rebuilding Ukraine Program, through German Consul General in Boston