April 7, 2023
President Kolinda Grabar-Kitarovic gave a keynote speech at the United Nations Centennial Roundtable “Remaking the World – Toward an Age of Global Enlightenment”
On September 24, 2021, HE. Kolinda Grabar-Kitarovic, President of Croatia (2015-2020) gave a keynote speech at the United Nations Centennial Roundtable. Governor Michael Dukakis, co-founder and Chair of the Boston Global Forum (BGF), was moderator, with CEO of BGF Nguyen Anh Tuan, and Harvard Professors Thomas Patterson and David Silbersweig as panelists.
Here are some highlights from her speech:
- Inequality of access to the internet is in itself a human right issue
- Many challenges relating to demographics:
- Any sort of global accord has to be a “coalition of the willing,” not just of big powers. Small countries with relationships with various superstates are important links/glue/nodes in the network. For example, when two superstates have conflicts, the small countries with good relationships to both contending superstates can resolve the conflicts.
- Therefore, the AI International Accord and Law can work on regional cooperation as stepping stone towards global cooperation.
The path “Toward an Age of Global Enlightenment” has, at its foundations, six essential anchors upon which to develop and build viable futures for current and all generations to come – here and everywhere.
- The Political and Social Order: Based on the Social Contract for the Age of Artificial Intelligence supported accountability and responsibility
- National Law and Global Order: Framed with International Law and Global Accord for Ai and adaptations to the Digital era
- Economic Activity with Creativity: Built upon innovation by, and for society, community, and individuals: Community Innovation Economy.
- Dominant Cultural Norms: Tolerance for diversity, mutual support, respect, and recognition of the value of each individual
- Education Principles: Pursuit of basic science, technology, social sciences, humanities and other knowledge forms, shaping thinking and innovating to articulate a Global Enlightenment Education Program
- Information & Communication: Open forms of discourse, support for diverse platforms of communication, respect for accuracy with accountability