December 26, 2021
Former President of Croatia, Kolinda Grabar-Kitarović, will present a keynote speech at the Boston Global Forum on September 24
President of Croatia (2015-2020) Kolinda Grabar-Kitarović will visit the Boston Global Forum on September 24, 2021, where she will meet and discuss with Governor Michael Dukakis and leaders of the Boston Global Forum, then attend and give keynote speech at the United Nations Centennial Roundtable “Remaking the World – Toward an Age of Global Enlightenment.”
Time: 10:30 am – 12:00 pm, EST, Friday, September 24, 2021
Venue: Governor Michael Dukakis House, 85 Perry Street, Brookline, MA 02446
Topics for discussion:
- Building a trusted data and information system in the Age of Global Enlightenment
- Building a framework for Global Law and Accord on AI and Digital
- How to make Dubrovnik become a flagship city of the Age of Global Enlightenment
Host: Governor Michael Dukakis, Co-founder and Chair of the Boston Global Forum
Keynote speaker: Kolinda Grabar-Kitarović, President of Croatia (2015 – 2020), Member of the Nizami Ganjavi International Center
Professor Thomas Patterson, Harvard Kennedy School, Co-founder of BGF
Professor David Silbersweig, Harvard, BGF’s Board Member
Nguyen Anh Tuan, Co-founder and CEO of BGF
10:30 am: Governor Michael Dukakis welcome President Kolinda Grabar-Kitarovic
10:45 am: Professor Thomas Patterson introduces President Kolinda Grabar-Kitarovic and Governor Michael Dukakis, and introduces the UN Centennial Roundtable
10:50 am: Opening Remarks, Governor Michael Dukakis
10:55 am: Keynote speech, President Kolinda Grabar-Kitarovic
11:10 am: Discussion
12:00 pm: Concluding, Governor Michael Dukakis
12:30 pm: Lunch at OAK Long Bar + Kitchen, Fairmont Copley Plaza
138 St James Avenue, Boston, MA 02116
Remaking the World: Toward an Age of Global Enlightenment
Of the many imperatives to buttress efforts for “Remaking the World” we can now highlight some of the most compelling. The path “Toward an Age of Global Enlightenment” has, at its foundations, six essential anchors upon which to develop and build viable futures for current and all generations to come – here and everywhere.
- The Political and Social Order: Based on the Social Contract for the Age of Artificial Intelligence supported accountability and responsibility
- National Law and Global Order: Framed with International Law and Global Accord for Ai and adaptations to the Digital era
- Economic Activity with Creativity: Built upon innovation by, and for society, community, and individuals: Community Innovation Economy.
- Dominant Cultural Norms: Tolerance for diversity, mutual support, respect, and recognition of the value of each individual
- Education Principles: Pursuit of basic science, technology, social sciences, humanities and other knowledge forms, shaping thinking and innovating to articulate a Global Enlightenment Education Program
- Information & Communication: Open forms of discourse, support for diverse platforms of communication respect for accuracy with accountability
These anchors supporting the Age of Global Enlightenment are designed to operate at all levels off social organization and aggregation. These can be seen as generic features of our common future. We therefore propose:
- A Practical Model: The AIWS City developed, framed, and implemented as a flagship city for the Age of Global Enlightenment.
About the Boston Global Forum:
The Boston Global Forum (BGF) offers a venue for leaders, strategists, thinkers and innovators to contribute to Remaking the World – Toward an Age of Global Enlightenment.
In 2019, the Boston Global Forum, in collaboration with the United Nations Academic Impact, launched the United Nations Centennial Initiative. It began with the release of a major work titled “Remaking the World – Toward an Age of Global Enlightenment”. More than twenty distinguished leaders, thinkers, strategists, and innovators put forth unprecedented approaches to the challenges that lay before the world. These contributors include President of the European Commission Ursula von der Leyen, Governor Michael Dukakis, Father of Internet Vint Cerf, Former US Secretary of Defense Ash Carter, Harvard University Professors Joseph Nye and Thomas Patterson, MIT Professors Nazli Choucri and Alex ‘Sandy’ Pentland, and MEP Eva Kaili.
The BGF introduced core concepts that are shaping groundbreaking international initiatives, most notably, the Social Contract for the AI Age, AI International Law and Accord, the Global Alliance for Digital Governance, the AI World Society (AIWS) Ecosystem, and the AIWS City.
Co-founders of the Boston Global Forum are Governor Michael Dukakis, Nguyen Anh Tuan, Founder & Editor-in-Chief of VietNamNet (1997-2011), Harvard Professors Thomas Patterson and John Quelch.